What do you make for breakfast on the weekend? This Simple Omlette Recipe makes the BEST Breakfast! It only requires 7 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up a fantastic breakfast/brunch! Who does not love Bacon? This recipe has bacon in it! 🙂
Ingredients for a Simple Omlette Recipe:
This makes 2 Omlettes. One Omelette with Tomatoes and the second omlette without Tomatoes:
- 8 Sweet Grape Tomatoes
- Shredded Marble Cheese
- 5-6 strips of pre-cookedBacon
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 Red Onion (diced)
- 1/2 tablespoon Smoke Paprika Garlic, Chili and Chives Spice
- A pinch of Salt & Pepper
How to pre-cook Bacon:
By Microwave: (Source: Wikihow)
- Line a microwave-safe dish with 2 layers of paper towel
- Lay up to 6 uncooked bacon strips one beside each otheacross the paper towels.
- Place a layer of paper towels over the top of the bacon strips
- Microwave at high heat for 3 minutes
- Remove the bacon from the plate and put on a new layer of paper towel to aborb the grease for approx. 1 minute.
- Then put in a glass container.
By Oven: (Source: Wikihow)
- Pre-heat Oven at 400 °F (204 °C)
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Add in strips of uncooked bacon
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Drain the bacon on paper towels
- Put in a glass container
The pre-cooked bacon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. You can just take it out and re-heat to make breakfast/brunch or even add to your salad. If you want to keep the pre-cooked longer, then you can store it in the freezer.
How to Make this Simple Omlette Recipe:
- In a medium bowl, beat 5 eggs with a fork until no whites remain, then season with 1/2 tablespoon of Smoked Paprika Garlic, Chili & Chives Spice and a pinch of Salte/Pepper and beat well to mix the seasoning in the eggs.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add in HALF the amount of the dry ingredients (Tomatoes, Bacon and Red Onions).
- Drizzle in some canola oil and stir and let it cook for 5-10 seconds.
- Pour in HALF bowl of the Beaten Eggs. so the eggs fully cover the entire pan.
- Shake the pan a bit to even out the eggs.
- As the Eggs start to set, use a rubber spatula to lift the edge of the cooked egg and tilt the pan to let uncooked egg fall into the edge of the pan.
- Let it cook for 30-40 seconds.
- Keep lifting the edge of the cooked egg with a spatula so that the rest of the uncooked egg will fall into the edge of the pan.
- Swirl the pan so the eggs spread out and fluff up.
- Once the bottom is set, flip the egg over and add in shredded cheese on the left half of the omlette. Fold the other side over the cheese and slide the omlette onto a plate.
Second Omlette with NO Tomatoes:
- Follow the above “How to Make this Simple Omlette Recipe” steps 1-9 but without tomatoes
- Once the bottom is set, flip the egg over and add in 2 tablspoon of shredded cheese on the left half of the omlette. Use a spatula to fold the other side into a 1/3 and slide the cheese side on the plate and fold over. This 2nd omlette is folded in 3 similar to French Omlette.
Enjoy this Simple Omlette withsome Tomatoes, Toast and Avocado with a cup of coffee! Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more recipes! Thank you!
Check out my other favorite Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch: