Who doesn’t love a Quick, Simple and Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich? It is one of my favorite sandwich for lunch! It is so easy to make and requires the LEAST amount of ingredients and time to make. To be honest, the longest time for this recipe is boiling the eggs! 🙂
A Basic Egg Salad Sandwich only requires 5 ingredients: Eggs, Salt, Pepper, Green Onion and Mayo. However, one of the Chef does his with mustard and it makes a HUGE difference! It makes it tastes so much better! If you make it with green onion, it is not as strong as red onion. green onion is more mild. The recipe below uses Red Onion as I don’t have Green Onion ready for use when I make this Egg Salad Sandwich.
Ingredients for this Quick, Simple and Delicious Egg Salad:
- 1/4 red onion -> you can replace with 2 Stalks of Green Onion. It tastes better with Green Onion.
- 1/2 Orange Pepper
- A dozen Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Real Mayonnaise
- 3-4 teaspoons of Yellow Mustard
- Pinches of Salt and Pepper to taste
To Make the Sandwich:
- you will need slices of FRESH Bread. I used White Bread in this recipe. You can use whole wheat or multi-grain bread.
- Home-Made Pickled Cucumber
Instructions on How to Boil Eggs that Peel Easily:
- Boil a pot of water on High Heat (Enough Water to cover all the Eggs)
- Once the Pot of Water is boiling, Add in a Dozen Eggs
- Boil the Egg at Medium Heat for 12 Minutes
- Remove the Eggs from the Pot and put in a Bowl of Tap COLD Water.
- Leave it there to cool or that it doesn’t burn your fingers when you peel it or until you are ready to peel them.
Instructions to make a Perfect Egg Salad Salad Sandwich:
- Fine Dice 1/4 Red Onion
- Fine Dice 1/2 Orange Pepper
- Boil and Peel the Eggs as per above “Instructions on How to Boil Eggs that Peel Easily”
- Use the Grater to grate the boiled eggs in a Pyrex glass bowl
- Squeeze 4 round circles of Mayo on top of the grated boiled eggs
- Add in 3-4 teaspoons of Yellow Mustard (I squeezed 4 round circles of the mustard on top instead of measuring it)
- Add in the diced Red Onions and the diced Red Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together with a Spatula.
- Add in 3 big pinches of Salt and Pepper mix
- Mix again with the Spatula
- Squeeze 3 more round circles of Mayo on top and mix well.
- Spread Mayo on the Slices of FRESH Bread
- Top one side of the bread with Arugula and Home-Made Pickled Cucumber
- Scoop out the Egg Salad and put on top
- Add the top slice over the Egg Salad
- Cut the Egg Salad Sandwich in Half and SERVE with a Simple Garden Salad
Make Garden Salad as a side dish with this delicious Egg Salad Sandwich for Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch:
Feel Free to check out My other favorite Sandwich: Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Try out this Quick, Simple and Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich and feel free to add your feedback in the Comment. I would love to hear from you! If you like the recipe, please SHARE with this recipe with your Family/Friends/Colleagues and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! Thank you!