This is the BEST Home-Made Cheese Steak Sandwich I have ever had. This recipe comes with very simple ingredients and it only takes 20 minutes to make! What goes in a Cheese Steak Sandwich? The Main ingredients are Ribeye Beef, White Mushrooms, White Onions and Cheese. We use Ciabata bun for this home-made Cheese Steak Sandwich. Check out what is The Secret Ingredient that makes this Cheese Steak Sandwich recipe so delicious!
Ingredients for Sauteed Onions and Mushrooms:
- 1/4 pint of White Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 whole White Onion. (Julienne) . I mix some of the leftover Red Onion with the white onion.
- 1 Teaspoon of Butter
- One Clove Garlic (Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon of Canola Oil/Olive Oil (to stir-fry the beef)
Where to Buy Ribeye Beef?
For simplicity, we buy the RibEye Beef in the “Hot Pot” Freezer section in the Chinese Grocery. We got this at Winco Food Mart. You can get it at any Chinese Grocery store or even No Frills. With this RibEye Beef used in ‘Hot Pot’, it makes life easier. You just have to cut it up and stir-fry.
- 1/2 Pack RibEye Beef “Hot Pot”
Seasoning for the RibEye Beef:
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper mix
- A pinch of Garlic Powder
- Home-made Seasoned Salt with Dry Habernaro. (You can use Seasoned Salt or Steak Seasoning)
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
Secret Ingredient for RibEye Beef:
- 1 Tablespoon of Beer
Ingredients for Home-Made Cheese Steak Sandwich:
- 1/2 a Ciabata Bun for 2 servings
- Siracha (Optional)
- Marble Cheddar Cheese (Shredded) or you can use any type of Slice Cheese to your liking (Provolone/Cheddar/Marble)
Instructions to Make a Delicious Cheese Steak Sandwich:
- 1/2 teaspoon of Canola Oil/Olive Oil
- Julienne the whole White Onion
- Slice the White Mushrooms (1/4 pint)
- Dice 1 Clove of Garlic
- Then add the above ingredients (Oil/Onion/Mushrooms/Garlic) into Cast Iron Pan.
- Sauteed the Onion, Mushroom with a piece of Butte at Medium Heat
- Remove the Sauteed Onion, Mushrooms and Garlic on a plate
- Cut 1/2 pack of the RibEye Beef
- Stir-Fry the Beef in a Cast Iron Pan with a bit of oil
- Add in a pinch of Salt/Pepper Mix and stir
- Add the Sauteed Onion,Mushrooms to the stir-fry Beef
- Add in the Secret Ingredient (1 Tablespoon of Beer). I used Derilium Beer with th Elephant logo. you can probably use any beer.
- Then add in 2 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Add in another pinch of salt/pepper to taste and Stir
- Finally, Remove the Stir-Fry Beef with Onion/Mushrooms to a plate
How to Assemble the Cheese Steak Sandwich:
- For 2 sandwiches, use 1/2 of the Ciabata Bun and cut into half.
- Spread the Margarine on the outside of the bun
- Put the bread with Margarine side Face Up for a few minutes at medium heat
- Flip the bun over with Margarine side down on the cast iron pan
- Add in the stir-fried Beef with Sauteed Onion/Mushrooms to one side of the bun.
- On the other side of the bun, Squeeze in some Mayo and a bit of Siracha (optional)
- Add the Shredded Marble Cheddar Cheese on top of the Beef
- Assemble the Sandwich and press down
- Serve the Cheese Steak Sandwich with a Side Salad
Voila! Enjoy the Cheese Steak Sandwich with a side Salad for lunch/brunch/dinner! Please SHARE this recipe to your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more recipes! Thank you!