This BEST Rice Paper Omelette is crispy, savory and hearty. Yet it is super easy to make. It only requires 4 simple ingredients. The SECRET Sauce makes it a perfect dish for breakfast or brunch all year round!
What makes this omelette different from any other omelette is the Rice Paper!
What is Rice Paper?
Rice Paper consists of white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, and water. The tapioca powder makes the rice paper glutinous and smooth. Rice Paper is fragile and it comes in translucent round sheets.
Rice paper can be dipped in hot water to make fresh rolls or spring rolls. Meanwhile, this Best Rice Paper Omelette recipe uses the rice paper dried.
This Rice Paper Omelette (a.k.a. ‘Vietnamese Pizza’). The Vietnamese name is Bánh Tráng Nướng. This is one of the popular Vietnamese Street Food. The base is made of a thin sheet of rice paper, cooked on a hot plate/cast iron with toppings until crispy.
Where to Buy the Rice Paper:
You can find the Rice Paper in any Asian Supermarket. The brand that I use is “Rose Brand”.
Ingredients to make this Best Rice Paper Omelette:
- Rice Papers
- Green Onions (Julienne)
- Harvarti Cheese (Grated). This recipe uses 2 small individual packs of Harvarti cheese. You can use any type of cheese in this recipe.
To be honest, toppings can be anything that you have in the fridge. You can add ham and/or bacon to this recipe if you prefer meat in your omelette. This recipe is a simple crispy omelette with no meat.
How to Make Best Rice Paper Omelette:
First, you start heating the cast iron pan on medium low heat until it is hot.
While the pan is heating, mix the eggs and a handful of green onions.
Next, place one sheet of the rice paper in the pan and pour the egg mix on the rice paper. Then spread the eggs to the edges immediately with the back of a spoon.
Then add in grated cheese.
Swirl some mayonnaise and sriracha on top and leave the omelette cook for an extra minute or two until it is nice and crispy.
Make sure to move the rice paper a few times with tongs or spatula so that it is not sticking to the pan.
Finally fold it in half like an omelette. Let it cook for a bit and then flip it to the other side and continue cooking so it is crispy.
This recipe makes 2 Best Rice Paper Omelettes. This is great for breakfast/brunch. It is so crispy, savory and hearty!
Enjoy this BEST Rice Paper Omelette!
How to Make BEST Rice Paper Omelette:
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. I would love to see your creation of this recipe! You can also Subcribe to my Email List to be the FIRST to get any new recipe post.
Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to My Real Life Tips YouTube Channel for more RECIPES! Thank you!
Best Rice Paper Omelette
MAIN Rice Paper Omelette Ingredients:
- 2 Sheets Rice Paper
- 4 Large Eggs
- Handful of Green Onions (Julienne)
- 2 Small Pack Havarti Cheese
- Heat the Cast Iron Pan on Medium Low Heat
- Meanwhile, julienne a handful of green onions
- Then, Crack 4 Eggs in a bowl, whisk the eggs and add in Scallions
- Spoon the Egg Mix evenly on top of the rice paper and cover the edges
- Next, Grate some Cheese and add in the Egg Mix
- Swirl in Mayonnaise and Sriracha
- Let it cook for a bit until crispy and brown. Then fold it in half.
- Finally, flip it over to the other side and let the side cook and crispy up.
- Enjoy this Best Rice Paper Omelette!