This is not your typical kind of Tuna Sandwich. This Tuna Sandwich becomes a gourmet sandwich when you add Pickled Daikon and Carrots and use Ciabata Buns that we bought from Costco! AKA “Tuna with Pickled Daikon and Carrots Ciabata Sandwich”! The Tuna Sandwich recipe consists of ONLY 8 Ingredients: Canned Tuna, Red Onion, Celery, Yellow Pepper, Lemon Juice, Mayonnaise, Siracha, Salt/Pepper Mix. It requires NO cooking at all. You just mix all ingredients together and it makes the Tuna Salad for the sandwich.
Health Benefits and Risks of Eating Canned Tuna:
- Tuna has high level of Omega-3 (EPA and DHA) and Selenium Contents that provide Anti-inflammatory properties and reduce the risk of cardiovascular related diseases
- Selenoneine is a selenium containing compound found in the tissues and blood of tuna.
- See more benefits of canned Tuna from Dr. Health Benefits.
- Besides a wide variety of nutrients, You should limit yourself to consumption of canned Tuna as it also contains various toxins like methylmercury, BPA and histamine, which can be harmful to one’s health.
Ingredients for Tuna Pickled Daikon and Carrots Ciabata Sandwich:
- 3 Cans of Flaked Light Tuna
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1/4 of Red Onion
- 1 Small Yellow Pepper
- 2 Squirts of Lemon Juice
- 5 Squirts of Mayonaise
- 3 Squirts of Siracha
- Salt/Pepper Mix to Taste (approx 3 big pinches)
Secret Ingredient to make this Tuna Sandwich Gourmet:
Instructions to make Tuna Pickled Daikon and Carrots Ciabata Sandwich:
- Add the Drained Tuna to a Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Dice 1/4 of the Red Onion
- 1 Yellow Pepper (Diced)
- Dice 1 Stalk of Celery
- Add the Diced Red Onion, Yellow Pepper and Celery to the Tuna in the Mixing Bowl
- Add 1 Squirt of Lemon Juice (I used “RealLemon” – Lemon Juice concentrate from the bottle. If you have a Real whole Lemon, use that instead. It may be fresher.)
- Mix the above with a Spatula
- Add in 3 Squirts of Mayonaise and Mix
- Mix in 2 Squirts of Siracha
- Add in 2 Big Pinches of Salt/Pepper Mix and Mix well
- Mix in 1 more Squirt of Mayonaise. Taste the Tuna Mix and see if you need to add the following steps.
- After tasting the tuna, we added in another Big Sqirt of Lemon Juice to get rid of the fishiness in the Tuna taste
- Add in another pinch of Salt/Pepper Mix to taste, another Squirt of Mayonaise and another Squirt of Siracha and Mix well.
How to Assemble the Gourmet Tuna Sandwich:
- Add a small quirt of Mayo and Siracha on each side of the Ciabata Bun
- Scoop 3 tablespoon of the Tuna to one side of the Ciabata Bun
- Add this Magic Ingredient Pickled Daikon and Carrots to the top of the Tuna and add the other side of the Ciabata Bun on top.
- Voila! Enjoy this Gourmet Tuna and Picked Daikon and Carrots Ciabata Sandwich with a Side Garden Salad!
Here’s Some of my Other Favorite Sandwich Recipes:
- Home-Made Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich
- Avocado (Egg) Open-Faced Sandwich
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more recipes! Thank you!