Avocado is one of my favorite fruit! Do you like Avocado? if you like Avocado as much as I do, this will be the BEST, QUICK, SIMPLE and DELICIOUS Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich with only 7 Ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make. If you want to add protein, you can top it up with a fried egg to make an Avocado Egg Open-Faced Sandwich. This sandwich can serve as breakfast, lunch or brunch. If you’d like, you can also make this as your snack.
Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich:
One Thursday morning, I made this Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich for the first time for breakfast. It turned out to be so yummy! The Avocado goes so well with alfalfa sprouts! It was so tasty that I want to make it again.
Avocado Egg Open-Faced Sandwich:
The second time I made this sandwich was 3 days after. I added a fried egg on top of this Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich which then became Avocado Egg Open-Faced Sandwich. I had my coffee with this delicious breakfast sandwich. This recipe is so so easy to make and it has a lot of health benefits!
Ingredients for Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich:
- 100% Whole Grains Bread
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Olive Oil (use the best one)
- Balsamic Vinegar (use the best one)
- Mix of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Egg (optional – if you want a fried egg on top of the Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich)
Instructions for Avocado (Egg) Open-Faced Sandwich
- Slightly toast 2 slices of bread
- Apply margarine/butter on the toasts
- Cut 1 Avocado in half
- Take out the Seed
- Cut the Avocado into slices
- Assemble sliced Avocado on the toast
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper mix
- Add Alfalfa Sprouts on top of Avocado
- Mix Olive Oil and Balsamic in a small bowl on the side. Add in little salt and pepper mix.
- Add Olive Oil/Balsamic mix on top of Alfalfa Sprouts
Voila! The Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich is ready to serve!
- You can add Fried Egg or Poached egg on top of this Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich for additional protein. See the end of the video for steps to add the fried egg to the sandwich.
- This recipe makes 2 open faced sandwich.
Health Benefits of Avocado:
Source: eHealth Zine
- Vitamin E, B6, folic acid, glutathione and monoaunsaturated fat found in Avocado help maintain a healthy heart.
- Avocado has Anti-inflammatory properties because it is rich in monounsaturated fat oleic acid.
- High levels of monounsaturated fats and soluble fiber in Avocado can help regulate blood sugar.
- High fiber content in Avocado aids digestion, encourage regular bowel movements and helps prevent constipation.
- Avocado contains more Potassium than a Banana. This helps helps support and maintain normal blood pressure.
- For more details of the Benefits of Avocado, check out Health Line and eHealth Zine.
Health Benefits of Alfalfa Sprouts:
- Alfalfa contains vitamin K and small amounts of many other vitamins and minerals. It is also high in many bioactive plant compounds.
- Alfalfa sprouts has Antioxidant Effects.
“Bottom Line: If you have a strong, healthy immune system, eating raw sprouts shouldn’t be a problem. If you’re worried or have a compromised immune system, be sure to eat thoroughly-cooked sprouts and avoid raw or slightly-cooked ones. “
When dining out, a lot of restaurants DO NOT cook or wash the sprouts. If you are worried about Samonella in sprouts, hold the sprouts and be wary pre-made salads and sandwiches which contain them.
For this Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich recipe, if you are worried about consuming raw sprouts, you may replace the Alfalfa Sprouts with Spring Mix or spinach. Or boil the Alfalfa Sprouts in hot water for a few minutes before use. It maybe a little soggy and not tastes as good. But if you have issue with raw sprouts, please cook the sprouts before use.
What kind of Olive Oil and Balsamic do you use at home? My friend was in Barcelona and brought me this brand ‘BaeTuria” olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It makes a difference with the quality of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I use this to make salad dressing as well or dipping sauce for bread.