This Simple Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich is so EASY to make and it ONLY requires 5 Ingredients! This recipe is paired with apple, 2 kinds of cheese (Havarti and Gouda)! The Apple makes this sandwich SWEET and CRISPY! This is one of my favourite breakfast recipes! Simple and Delicious!
This homemade Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich is SO delicious! I had this sandwich for breakfast 2 days in a row. Today I made this sandwich and added mango slices as a side for my Boyfriend’s birthday.
You can use any kind of cheese for this recipe. I highly recommend Havarti and Gouda Cheese combination with Ambrosia Apple! This is the best combination you can have for this yummy sandwich!
Remember the OLD saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Check out the benefits of apples. (source Healthline)
Benefits of Apples:
- Protects Your Heart.
- Boosts Brain Health.
- Helps You Lose Weight.
- Lowers Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Fights Cancer.
Ingredients for this Simple Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 6 thin slices of Havarti Cheese
- 6 thin slices of Gouda Cheese
- 1 Ambrosia Apple (or any kind of apple. Ambrosia or Fuji or Honey Crisp are the best sweet apples for this recipe) (2 Slices of Apple per Sandwich)
- 4 Slices of Bread ( I used the healthier bread – 12 Grain Bread in this recipe. You can use any kind of bread. White bread is also fine for this recipe)
- Margarine (enough to spread on the 4 slices of bread)
How to make this Delicious Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- I used 3 packs of ‘On-The-Go!’ Havarti and 3 packs of Gouda cheese. I sliced 1 pack of Havarti cheese into 2 thin slices and I do the same for Gouda cheese. In total, I will have 6 thin slices of Havarti and 6 thin slices of Gouda cheese. You may also use other type of cheese like Cheddar , Swiss Cheese or Brie.
2. Wash the Ambrosia Apple and slice into 4 round thin slices. (2 Slices of Apple per sandwich). Feel free to use any kind of apple. I personally prefer Ambrosia/Fuji/Honey Crisp apples.
3. Place a small skillet over medium heat. Then spread margarin / butter evenly and completely over one side of each slice of bread. Put the slice of bread with margarine/butter side down on the skillet.
4. Place the 3 slices of Havarti cheese slice on top of the unbuttered side, add the Apple Slices then top with 3 slices of Gouda cheese. Top with the remaining bread slice with the margarine/buttered side facing outward.
5. Then cook the sandwich on both sides until golden brown (approx 2-3 minutes each side).
6. Finally, use a Serrated Knife to cut the Sandwich diagonally into halves.
If you want a more filling meal, you may add any of the following salad to this Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- Summer Mixed Green Salad
- Spinach Salad with Mushrooms and Prosciutto Crisps
- Cucumber, Tomatoes, Avocado Salad
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
You may like my other classic Grilled-Cheese Sandwich recipe.
Please leave me a comment and recipe rating below if you have tried out this recipe! If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. I would love to see your creation of this recipe! In addition, you may Subcribe to my Email List to be the FIRST to get any new recipe post.
Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more RECIPES! Thank you!