Is Summer Mixed Green Salad the Best Salad to have on a hot sunny summer day?
After spending 1/2 a day at the beach playing volleyball on a hot sunny summer day, I got home and was extremely hungry. I wanted something refreshing and healthy. So I thought of preparing a big plate of Summer Mixed Green Salad!
I have all the ingredients in the Fridge and it only takes me 10 minutes to prepare the amazing Summer Mixed Green Salad!
If you need any of the Kitchen wares in your kitchen, check out the
- Use ingredients that are in season. Pick the fresh ones. Take a trip to your Farmers Market or local healthy grocery store to pick up some local, fresh and in season produce. You may also grow some of the veggies in your backyard if you are in a house. My Dad grew cherry tomatoes in his backyard and he gave me some cherry tomatoes. I used some of the cherry tomatoes in my salad.
- Be creative. Add fruits to your salad. It makes the salad more refreshing and creates some sweetness in your salad.
- Spin your greens after you wash them so that they don’t get soggy or too wet to absorb the ingredients and salad dressing. So take out that Salad Spinner and spin away!
Check out the different salad spinner.
- You can also make your own salad dressing for a more healthy salad. e.g. I used the glazed balsamic vinegar and added olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper as the salad dressing. If you want to make your own glazed balsamic vinegar, check out the recipe.
- If you want to make it a meal, you can also add a piece of grilled chicken or grilled salmon. I added a piece of grilled salmon to my salad today. This hits the spot after 1/2 a day at the beach in the sun playing volleyball.