How to make Pan-Seared Salmon?
Below is an easy recipe with tips on how to make a Grilled Salmon. There are many ways of serving grilled salmon. 2 of the ways that I normally do are:
- Pan Fried Salmon on a bed of jasmine steamed rice with Chinese vegetables
- Pan Fried Salmon with mango salsa on mixed green salad
The trick to making the best pan fried salmon is by using a Lodge Cast Iron Pan! The 10 inch pan is sufficient to pan sear 2 pieces of the salmon fillets.
Tips to sear salmon so it does not stick:
- Use a Hot pan
- Dry the Salmon with paper towel after wash
- Leave salmon in room temperature for 15 minutes-1/2 hour before cooking
Check out “How to prevent fish from sticking to the pan”
Tips: If you buy the “Organic” Salmon, there is no bones in the salmon fillet. We bought the Organic Salmon from Metro and that has no bones.
When we bought the regular Salmon from Costco, there are bones in the salmon fillets. You need to feel the salmon when washing and remove the bones before cooking.
- The first time we pan seared the salmon, we put the skin down side on the cast iron pan first and fry until crispy then we flip the salmon with good side until nicely colored.
- There is another way where you start frying with the good side on the pan first, then flip over with the skin down. We might try this way the next time to see if it is any better.
I serve the pan-seared salmon with summer mixed green salad. I bought the Mango Salsa from Costco. This is the best mango salsa that I have tasted so far. The salmon tastes delicious with the mango salsa.
Below is the nutrition facts of the mango salsa: