Berry Easy Chia Seed Pudding is so SIMPLE and EASY to make and it ONLY requires 3-Ingredients! As a Bubble Tea Addict, Chia Seed Pudding reminds of Tapioca or the Chinese dessert Sago (西米). Chia Seed Pudding is super filling and has so many benefits to it. It is so easy to make that you can prep it at night before you go to bed and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. This is a great meal-prep option if you work a 9-5 job.
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Excellent Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Helps raise HDL Cholesterol (the “Good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- High in Fiber: Help people to feel full for longer, and they are usually lower in calories. Increased fiber intake and a high fiber diet have been shown to help with weight loss.
- Rich in Antioxidant
- High in Quality Plant-Based Protein
3-Ingredients for Chia Seed Pudding:
- 2/3 Cup of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk (I used Silk Brand from any grocery store)
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seed
- 1 Teaspoon of Maple Syrup
I have tried with both Almond Milk and Coconut Milk. They both taste delicious. It depends on your preference.
Chia Seed Pudding with Almond Milk has a more classic and simple flavor. If you just want something plain yet still flavorful, then Almond Milk is the one:
If you make Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk, it is a little thicker and has a coconut flavor to the pudding:
- Use a 12 Oz Mason Jar, add in 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seed.
- Add in 2/3 Cup of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk.
- Stir and Mix the Chia Seed in the Almond/Coconut Milk.
- Add in 1 Teaspoon of Maple Syrup and Stir well and close with the mason jar lid.
- Leave in refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours. Then Stir again as the Chia Seeds tend to clump up at the bottom of the jar.
- Refrigerate Overnight.
- In the morning when you are ready to SERVE with your favorite topping, stir well and mix before serving.
Which Type of Chia Seed to use? White or Black Chia Seeds?
There is no nutritional difference between White or Black Chia Seeds. White Chia Seeds are extracted from plants that bear white flowers whereas Black Chia Seeds are extraced from plants that bear purple flowers. White Chia Seeds are more expensive than Black Chia Seeds because it is rare. Chia is “Super Food” for Life regardless if it is White or Black Chia Seeds.
I have tried making the Chia Seed Pudding with both White and Black Chia Seeds. To be honest there is no difference. The texture and tastes are the same. The Black Chia Seeds have some gray or whiteness in it when it soaked in the milk.
What Brand of Chia Seeds to Buy?
I first started making Chia Seed Pudding using “Organic Traditions” Brand. The cost of White Chia Seeds is around $16.99 CDN plus tax. You can get this at any Metro Grocery store. Black Chia Seeds cost less than White Chia Seeds (around $11.99-$12.99 CDN plus tax)
BEST Toppings to SERVE with this Chia Seed Pudding:
This is the BEST toppings that I have tasted! Chia Seed Pudding goes very very well with Blue Berries and Gourmet Granola!
I buy the Gourmet Granola from Nadege Patisserie. It is a little expensive ($13.50 for 454g) however, the ingredients are very fresh and have a good mix of: organic oats, roasted hazelnut, roasted almond, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberry, local honey and maple syrup.
Best Meal-Prep if you have a 9-5 Full Time Job:
Before the 2020 Corona Virus Pandemic where most of us work from home, I prepare the Chia Seed Pudding in a 12 oz mason jar and I pack the granola and Berries in a separate container or ziplock bag. When I get to work, I add the granola and berries on top of the Chia Seed Pudding and serve from the mason jar. This makes life so much easier as you can prepare 5 mason jars of Chia Seed Pudding on Sunday and leave it in the fridge and add your favorite toppings when you are ready to eat.
When you work from home, you can just pour the Chia Seed Pudding out from the Mason Jar and top it with Gourmet Granola and Fresh Blue Berries:
This Chia Seed Pudding can be served with other Fresh Fruits like Strawberries, Black Berries, Rasberries and Mangoes. However, I find that Blue Berries makes this breakfast extremely delicious if Blue Berries are in season and are sweet. 🙂
This is another Cheaper version of Granola that you can get from Costco or Amazon (Kirkland Brand – Granola with Almonds) to add as toppings in the Chia Seed Pudding:
This Berry Easy Chia Seed Pudding with Granola makes the BEST Breakfast/snack wherever you go, either at work, at a sport event. I brought 2 mason jars of chia seed pudding with granola and berries on the side to the Beach for my volleyball partner and I on a Saturday during Women 2’s Volleyball tournament. It is the BEST fuel we can get before playing in the tournament. Check out the FINALS of the Women 2’s Volleyball tournament played by 4 of the best women players at Ashbriges Bay.
Recommended Recipes on a Hot Summer Day:
- Cold Brew Tea Recipe for All Tea Lovers
- Home-Made Electrolyte Drink for Dehydration
- How to make Oatmeal Tastes Good and Healthy Everytime