Shrimp is my favorite comfort food! This Easy Spicy Garlic Pepper Shrimp is my go to dish. If you are like me and love shrimps, check out this super quick, easy and simple Spicy Garlic Pepper Shrimp recipe. It takes less than 20 minutes to cook. Prep time only takes 1/2 hour. You just marinade the shrimps with salt and pepper for 1/2 hour and it is ready to cook. This Spicy Garlic Pepper Shrimp is so delicious and has a little kick. This can be an easy-to-make meal for a busy weeknight after you get home from work. You can serve this with pasta or steamed rice. This dish can also be elegant enough to impress your guests at dinner by serving it Pan-Fried Asparagus or Salad.
- A bag of frozen Shrimp (16-20)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, chopped with seed (Optional)
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 6 Cloves Garlic diced
- 1/4 cup Green Onion sliced
- 3/4 tsp of Salt and Pepper (to marinade and to taste)
Tips: Frozen Black Tiger Shrimp can be bought at any Supermarket. I normally buy the bigger shrimps (16/20 or 13/15), deveined with Shell on. This recipe is originally from Anthony Bourdain. He used the shrimp with heads on.
- Defrost the Shrimp at room temperature and Rinse the shrimp in cold water.
- Marinate the shrimp with with the salt & pepper and let it sit in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oil in a Cast Iron Pan at medium-high heat. In batches, add in the Shrimp and brown it for 40-60 seconds.
- Slice the Green Onion and Dice the Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
- Saute Scotch bonnet pepper, garlic , green onion, sugar and remaining salt over high heat.
- Add Shrimp, give it quick toss to coat with the seasoning.
Voila! This is the Crispy Garlic Pepper Shrimp (a.k.a. Jamaican Pepper Shrimp). Enjoy!
Let me know how it turns out for you when you try out this recipe.