Planning on a Road Trip to Tobermory to hike to the Grotto? Check out this helpful Guide: Grotto Parking or Camping Site!
The Grotto located on the Georgian Bay shoreline in Bruce Peninsula National Park is one of the top tourism attractions in Ontario! Grotto is a scenic cave with beautiful crystal clear blue waters. It makes you feel like you are in Europe! Parking Lot fills up quick. Hence it is best if you make reservation for parking or camp site in advance when you plan your trip.
Check out “Exploring Tobermory, Ontario” to get some tips on where to stay, what to eat and what to do in Tobermory!
I am fortunate to have my friend (Tiff) doing the research, booking and planning of this road trip to Tobermory. Below is her tips on this Guide: Grotto Parking or Camping Sites in Tobermory.
How to Make Reservations for Grotto Parking or Camping Site:
1. Go to: http://www.reservation.pc.gc.ca
2. Fill in Steps 1 – 4 on the left hand side of the webpage titled “Find a Site”
1. Pick your reservation type: “Parking (Bruce Peninsula – Grotto)”
2. Pick your “arrival date”
3. Pick your“park and/or campground“
4. Pick your requirements:
a) Select “Party Size” – (how many ppl will be in your group)
b) “Vehicle Type” – choose “Regular” (as this is for sedans, SUVs and minivans)
* Oversized vehicles are for RVs or tour busses*
5. Pick a “Time Slot“. You are allowed 4 hours of parking
6. Click on “Reserve“
Helpful Hint for Grotto Parking:
If you are unable to book a Parking Reservation for your desired day, you can try booking a campsite instead (although this costs more than a parking reservation). By booking a campsite, this allows you entry into the park and you can hike from your campsite to the Grotto. In order to book a campsite, under Step 1, select “Frontcountry Camping”.
If you decide on trying to book a Frontcountry Camping, these are the steps.
1. On the left hand side under “Find a Site”, for Steps 1-4
1. Choose “Frontcountry Camping“
2. Choose your “Arrival Date“
Select 1 Nights
3. Pick your “Park and/or Campground“
Select “Bruce Peninsula“
Select “Cyprus Lake” as the campgrouond
4. Pick your “Site Requirements“
Equipment: select “Small Tent” – if you don’t plan on camping and are just using the campsite for entry into the Grotto
“Party Size“: select how many people will be in your group
5. Click “Reserve“
* Choose any campsite that is available and you can hike from your campsite to the Grotto *
In order to save yourself money and ensure that you get the day you want reserved for the Grotto, it is recommended to book in advance as parking spots fill up quickly in the summer.
Good Luck with the Grotto Parking/Camping Site Reservation! Enjoy your experience at the Grotto, Tobermory, Ontario! I am sure you will love it!