Yummy Japchae Recipe
This Yummy Japchae Recipe is super easy to make. The secret to this recipe is "The Marinade". Japchae is so colorful and flavorful! This is one of my favorite Korean dish! I hope you will try to make this recipe and enjoy it!
The Marinade (Secret to this delicious Japchae)
- ¾ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Mirin (Optional) - it tastes better with this in the recipe
- ¼ Cup Sake (Optional) - it tastes better with this in the recipe
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Pack Sweet Potato Noodles (Dangmyeon 당면) Glass Noodles
- 2 Breasts Chicken (cut in Cubes)
- 1 Piece Red Onion
- 2 Pieces Peppers
- 1 Piece Carrot
- 1 Pack Mushroom (Shitake or Button) (Shitake is used in this recipe. Stem is cut out and thinly sliced)
- 6 Eggs (Omlette style. Cut in Strips)
- 2 Thai Chili Pepper (Optional)
- Drizzles Oil (Canola or Olive Oil) Used to stir-fry the egg, chicken and vegetables
How to Prepare Shitake Mushroom
Soak Shitake in warm water for at least couplehours, or overnight.
Tip: Use a plate to hold the mushroom under the water.
Cut off the stems from the mushroom
Thinly slice the shitake mushroom. Leave it soak in the water until you are ready to stir-fry
How to Prepare Chicken for this Yummy Japchae Recipe
Cut the 2 Chicken Breasts into cubes.
Use some of "The Marinade" (save some for the noodles).
Marinade the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight
Stir-Fry the Chicken in a pan with some oil until golden brown. Set aside.
How to Make the Vegetables
Julienne the Red Onion, Carrot, Red and Orange Peppers
Stir-Fry the Red Onion and Mushrooms with a bit of oil. You may use a little of "The Marinade". Add a pinch of Salt/Pepper to taste. Then set aside.
Stir-Fry the Carrots and Peppers with some marinade. Add a pinch of Salt/Pepper to taste and set aside.
Sweet Potato Noodles (Dangmyeon 당면)
Bring a Pot of water on high heat to boil
Add in the noodles and boil for 8-10 minutes
Rinse in cold water and drain.
Add some marinade to coat noodles well.
How to Make the DELICIOUS Japchae
- The SECRET to this Delicious Japchae recipe is "The Marinade".
- This Yummy Japchae Recipe can be made with Chicken or Beef. You may also make this Japchae with Bulgogi Beef.
- For Shiitake mushrooms, make sure to soak them in warm water for a couple hours or overnight before using them. Cut the stem from the mushroom and slice thinly. Soak in water before use. If you can’t find shiitake mushrooms, button mushrooms can be a good substitute.
- If you have green onion and sesame seeds, you can use to garnish Japchae.
- Spinach is optional in this recipe. My recipe does not use spinach. To be honest, you can use any vegetables in this recipe.
- Japchae can be served hot or cold. I prefer it hot. You can also microwave it to reheat when necessary.
- Japchae can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days in an air tight container. It can be stored for up to a week.