I’d like to share this recipe that I got from an Italian man named “Guido”. I was sitting beside Guido on the plane returning from Milan, Italy. We were talking about best simple and easy recipe and he gave this fantastic delicious Authentic Italian Spaghetti recipe.
I tried it out for the first time and loved it!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 450 grams Spaghetti or Spaghettini
- 10 tablespoons olive oil MAKE SURE YOU USE BEST OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 glass white wine (can substitute with Rum)
- A little Chili Pepper
- Fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 and 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- a little sea salt (to taste)
- a little black pepper ( to taste)
- Sundried tomatoes (4 pieces chopped - optional)
- Put in boiling water with a little of salt and boil for 7-8 minutes (Al Dente)
- Drain and add a little olive oil to mix spaghetti so that it won't stick together and leave aside
- Dice the onion
- Peel and mince the garlic
- Chop the Fresh Basil leaves (I used approx. 8 leaves)
- Cut the grape tomatoes into 1/2
- Use a pan and warm the olive oil
- Add 1/2 glass of wine into the warm olive oil. (Note: I used 2 tablespoons of Mount Gay Rum instead of wine)
- Stir in the tomatoes, onion, garlic, fresh basil, a little chili pepper and let it cook until the tomatoes are well cooked/look riped
- Add in the Spaghetti/Spaghettini and mix well with the sauce
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste
It is very IMPORTANT that you use a good olive oil. I used Kalimata Gold brand of olive oil. I got it at Longo’s for $13.99. You can also get it at other grocery store.
Enjoy the Pasta! Please leave your feedback if you like the recipe.