Are you planning a get together and looking for a simple and easy recipe to make for the party? Check out this Soy Sauce Salmon dish that serves well on a bed of steamed rice.
Special thank you to my boyfriend’s sister in-law who shared with me this simple and easy yet delicious Soy Sauce Salmon recipe. The last time I host a Birthday Party for my 2 year old little Prince/Nephew with family and friends at my party room, we made this dish with a pot of steam rice and some side dishes like Pan-Fried Asparagus, Sautéed mushroom.
Where to buy Salmon?
- Costco is the place where you can get a bigger piece of salmon for a cheaper price. We spent less than $40 to get the salmon. If you are having a bigger group at the gathering, this will feed around 10-15 people people.
- Longo’s is another grocery store that you can get fresh salmon. But the price here is a little more expensive compared to Costco. If you are lucky, Longo’s sometimes have a sale and you can get a piece of salmon for a cheaper price.
- Metro is another grocery store where you can get a smaller piece of salmon if you are only cooking for 2-4 people.
Benefits of Salmon
- Rich in Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids EPA and DHA
- Great source of Protein
- High in Vitamins B
- Good source of Potassium
- Loaded with Selenium – a mineral involved in protecting bone health, improving thyroid function and reducing risk of cancer
- Contains Antioxidant Astaxanthin – Benefit heart, brain and nervous system and skin health
- May reduce the risk of Heart Disease
- May benefit weight control
- Can help fight inflammation
- May protect brain health
The above Benefits are from Health Line. You can find more details on Health Line website.
- Canola Oil
- Black Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- White Sugar
- Cooking Sake/Wine
- Chicken Stock
- Sesame Oil
- Green Onion
- Thai Chili Pepper (optional)
For the Salmon:
- Rub Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Black Pepper and a bit of Salt on the Salmon.
- Bake the rubbed Salmon at 400F for 15 minutes. (7 minutes on Bake, 4 minutes on Broil High and 3 minutes Bake or can sear before for some color).
- Check if the center of the Salmon is still raw. If it is, then bake for 5 more minutes then check again.
- Use a fork to check the center of the salmon. It should be flaky.
For the Soy Sauce:
- Mix the oil, soy sauce and sugar in a small pot over low heat
When the salmon and soy sauce are ready, pour the sauce on cooked salmon and sprinkle with 1 diced green onion.
How to prepare Salmon Fillet?
- Rinse the salmon fillet
- Sometimes salmon fillet has bones in it. Slide your hands along the surface of the salmon and if there is bone, it will stick you. You just pull the bone out of the salmon.
- Remove the scales if there is any on the salmon.
To bake a smaller piece of Salmon Fillet:
- I use an infrared Toaster Oven instead of the big oven. This will save some energy.
- Line the baking sheet with either aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Tips to peel and cut Ginger:
Tips to make perfect steamed rice:
For a perfect pot of steamed rice, I use Tiger Rice Cooker.