This Refreshing Watermelon Salad Recipe is a great addition to your BBQ menu in the Summer! This Salad is so so eary to make yet so cool, refreshing and healthy. You will want to have more once you start eating this salad! If you love watermelon, Summer is the time to enjoy this refreshing recipe! Bring this Watermelon Salad dish to your friend’s/family’s get together, I guaranteed everyone will love this dish!
Watermelon and Feta Cheese are one of the most popular Summer Food Combinations . They are eaten like a snack or a light meal. I ate this Watermelon Salad for lunch. To be honest, this dish can be eaten for any meal! Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
How to Pick a Sweet and Ripe Watermelon?
- Lift a few watermelons and check for the heaviness of the watermelon for its size. If the Watermelon is heavey for its size, it indicates that it is full of water and therefore it is juicy!
- Look for the field spot. A large, yellow spot indicates that it spent more time ripening on the vine and should be sweeter.
- The Tapping Technique; Another way to check the ripeness is by the sound a watermelon makes when you tap or slap it. A ripe one delivers a deep sound, whereas an overripe one sounds hollow or flat.
- Assess its firmness: A ripe watermelon should have a firm rind that doesn’t give to pressure and is not easily scratched.
- Check the watermelon’s tail (that is a piece of stem that remains attached after harvesting). A dry stem usually indicates a ripe watermelon.
I remembered my Parents teaching me how to pick a sweet and ripe watermelon by using tip# 1 the heaviness of the watermelon and tip#3 the tapping technique using my hand. Tip#2 is the new technique that I learnt lately. All the above tips really help you pick the BEST Sweet and Ripe Watermelon.
Watermelon has so many health benefits. Watermelon is a healthy fruit. It contains high water content an delivers so many other important nutrients including lycopene and Vitamin C. Watermelon is a tasty and low-calorie treat. I remembered going to IT Services Department in my company an saw a few co-workers on Watermelon Diet. Each of them eat the whole watermelon for lunch and no other food. This helps them lose weight.
Ingredients for a Refreshing Watermelon Salad Recipe:
- 1 Bowl of Watermelon (cubed)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Juice from 1-2 Wedges of Lime (1 tablespoon of lime juice)
- 6-8 Mint Leaves (chopped)
- Crumbled Feta Cheese (As much or as little as you desire)
Instructions for a Refreshing Watermelon Salad Recipe:
- Add the Watermelon (Cubed) in a bowl
2. Add in chopped Mint Leaves
3. Top the watermelon with Crumbled Feta Cheese (As much or as little as you desire)
4. For the Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, and lime juice and chopped mint leaves.
5. Add the dressing to the bowl of Watermelon, Feta Cheese and Mint and toss to mix.
6. Voila! Enjoy this delcious and refreshing Watermelon Salad dish!
What Makes This Watermelon Salad Delicious:
Watermelon: Sweet and refreshing and it goes so well with the saltiness of Feta Cheese.
Feta – Crumbled Feta is the perfect soft, salty cheese for this Watermelon Salad.
Mint Leaves – Mint adds a touch of summer to this salad. It is sweet and has a cool flavor.
Olive Oil and Lime Juice – When combined together, they make a light, citrusy dressing that makes the flavors of the watermelon and feta cheese pop.
Check out my other Salad Recipes:
- Grilled Sausage Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Best Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
- Summer Mixed Green Salad
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more RECIPES! Thank you!
How to Cut a Watermelon – The Easier and Quicker Way:
Video for this Refreshing Watermelon Salad:
Recommended Equipment for this recipe: