Are you looking for a Quick and Easy Eggs Recipe with Enoki Mushrooms? This quick and easy eggs recipe only involves 2 main ingredients! It only takes a few minutes to prepare and make and it is so delicious! This is one of my favorite quick and easy eggs recipe!
Where did I learn to make this dish? Well, I normally do my grocery shopping at T&T Supermarket. A few times when I was there, there is this lady frying up enoki mushroom with eggs and chives. It is so yummy! It tastes like pancake with the sweetness of the enoki mushroom. It looks so simple to make! After tasting the eggs with enoki mushrooms, I decided to go home and try it out. I bought a pack of enoki mushrooms and a dozen eggs home that day. The chives is optional.
Enoki mushrooms is highly nutritious and contains:
- vitamins and minerals like itamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, phosphorus, iron, selenium, thiamin, calcium and copper.
- healthy amino acids and dietary fiber
- low in cholesterol
Enoki mushrooms have a lot of health benefits. Here’s the list of health benefits listed on Umami Insider website:
- Helps to Improve the Immune System
- Reduces Body Fat and Increases Metabolism
- Improves Digestion
- Balances Sugar Levels
- Improves Mental Development
- Reduces the Chance of Developing Allergies
Enoki mushrooms can also be used to make soups. When you are picking enoki mushrooms, make sure to look for the firm and dry ones, not slimy or mushy. Enoki mushrooms usually don’t stay fresh for too long in the fridge. It is best to use them within a few days of purchasing. Otherwise, it will grow mold on it.
- 10 eggs
- 1 package of enoki mushroom
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper (optional – use if you want a kick in this dish)
- cannoli oil or butter
- Beat 10 large eggs with a whisker or a fork
- Add salt and pepper
- Cut the bottom/roots of the enoki mushroom and only use the top part of the enoki mushroom. Cut the mushroom in one inch size
- Mix enoki mushrooms in the beaten eggs and stir with a fork
- Chop the chili pepper and add to the egg and enoki mixture (optional)
- Heat up the frying pan at high heat
- Add oil or butter into the hot pan. Turn down the heat to medium
- Add in garlic oil (optional)
- Use a spoon to spoon out the enoki mushroom egg mixture into the frying pan. Let it fry for a little while until enoki mushrooms is cooked or eggs is slightly golden.
- Flip the egg over and fry until golden
- Use a spatula to press the eggs down so that enoki mushroom will be cooked in the inside.
- Once cooked, scoop out from frying pan and serve on steam rice and a side dish of stir fried bok choy.
Enjoy! Check out the following egg recipes: