This Quick and Easy Home-Made Refrigerator Pickled Cucumber only requires 5 ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare! Cucumbers are a refreshing, nutritious and incredibly versatile addition to any diet. Check out this Quick and Easy Home-Made Refrigerator Pickled Cucumber which are low in calories and contain many important vitamins and minerals as well as high water contents.
I can’t believe how simple and easy this recipe is! My Boyfriend makes this home-made pickled cucumber and leave it in the refrigerator. I add the pickled cucumber to any main course that I serve for breakfast or dinner.
This pickled cucumber goes well as a side dish with Soy Sauce Salmon, Pan-Seared Salmon or Poached Salmon. If you don’t have time to make any vegetables side dish, use this pickled cucumber recipe and enjoy as a vegetable side dish although cucumber is actually a fruit.
After a long day of work and I feel lazy and don’t feel like cooking, I normally fry up some eggs, serve with steamed rice and pickled cucumber.
Benefits of Cucumber
- Low in calories but high in water in addition to several important vitamins and minerals.
- Contain Anti-Oxidants including flavonoids and tannins, which prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals and may reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Promote Hydration
- May aid in Weight Loss
- May Reduce Blood Sugar Level
- Support Regular Bowel Movements
Details of the above Benefits of Cucumber can be found on Health Line
Ingredients for Pickled Cucumber:
1 Cup of Water
1/3 Cup of Rice Vinegar
Add Sugar to Taste
1-2 Teaspoon of Salt & Pepper
1 Chili Pepper (Optional – if you like to have a kick in the pickled cucumbers)
Instructions for Pickled Cucumber:
- In a Mason Jar, add in Water, Vinegar, Sugar and Salt & Pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients and until the Sugar, Salt & Pepper are dissolved.
- Taste and Adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- Add one chili pepper to the brine. (optional – only if you like your pickled cucumbers to have a kick to it instead).
- Add sliced Cucumbers to the brine. Make sure that all cucumbers are soaked in the brine. If you have too much cucumbers, make more brine
Home-Made Pickled Cucumber Tips:
- Adjust sugar and vinegar accordingly to taste
- All Cucumbers should be covered in the brine
- Cucumber is crisp and will last at least a week. The longer it stays in the fridge, the less crisp it will taste. It will taste more like pickles if it is left in the fridge for longer than a week.
- You can use the brine one or 2 more times and just add more cucumbers.