This Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs recipe is so EASY to make! The ribs come out so tender and juicy. This is the Asian style ribs called “Kalbi Pork Ribs’. The SECRETS to a Tender Pork Ribs are “Sous Vide” and Removing the Membrane of the ribs.
If you are looking a delicious, tender Pork Ribs recipe, this is the ONE! Most of the cooking time is “Passive” time. That is, the ribs are being marinaded overnight and then “Sous-Vide” for 24 hours. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook this Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs! OMG! It is SO Good! Hard to describe! you MUST try to find out for yourself! 🙂
This is a twist to the regular Kalbi Beef Ribs! We are using Pork Ribs instead. “Kalbi” is normally done with short-ribs. This is a Korean popular grilled dish!
This is also great for meal prep as you can easily make a big batch of this Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs in advance and portion it out for a few meals! This can be served with Salad, or Potato Salad or on Steamed-Rice.
WHAT IS SOUS VIDE?
You must be wondering what is “Sous Vide“. It is a method of cooking meat or fish by vacuum-sealing the meat or fish and immerse in temperature controlled water. Because the food is surrounded by water, it cooks evenly and comes out tender and juicy.
Anova Precision Cooker sous vide is the best toy one can have in the kitchen! The food is never over or undercooked using “Sous Vide”. It comes with different power. The Anova Precision Cooker sous vide that I have is the 900W. We find this is good enough for Chicken or Ribs. If you want more power, you can go for a higher power (1200W) Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker Pro.
HOW TO USE SOUS-VIDE?
- Firstly, attach the Precision Cooker to your own stock pot or Anova Sous Vide Cooker Cooking container
- Secondly, fill the pot or container with water,
- Lastly, add the food in a sealed bag, and cook manually with the built-in controls or with the Anova App.
- The Anova App gives you access to thousands of free recipes and you can use the app to monitor your cook from anywhere via your smartphone.
HOW TO REMOVE MEMBRANE OF THE RIBS?
- Firstly, put the rib rack on a cutting board with bone side up.
- Use a knife to slice under the membrane and over the bone.
- Then, gently loosen and lift the membrane until it tears from the bone.
- Lastly, Use a paper towel to grab the edge of the membrane to pull it off.
INGREDIENTS FOR KALBI MARINADE:
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Dark Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup of Water
- ¼ Cup Sake
- 1 Small White Onion (chopped)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- ¼ Teaspoons of Black Pepper
- 2 Stalks of Green Onions (thinly Sliced)
- Thai Chili Pepper (Optional)
MAIN RECIPE INGREDIENT:
- A Slab of Pork Ribs
HOW TO MAKE THIS FALL-OFF THE BONE KALBI PORK RIBS:
Start by removing the membranes of the slab of Pork Ribs and cut the ribs into smaller pieces. See above video on how to remove membrane of the ribs.
Next, thinly slice green onions and dice 1 small white onion.
Meanwhile, in a Pyrex Glass Bowl, add in all the Ingredients for Kalbi Marinade and mix well with a spoon.
Then pour the Marinade over the Pork Ribs.
Mix the Ribs with the Marinade until every piece is soaked in the Marinade. Leave the marinated ribs in the refrigerator overnight.
Finally, time to “Sous Vivde” the marinated ribs!
How to “Sous Vide” the Kalbi Pork Ribs:
- Meanwhile, portion the marinated ribs with some of the marinade into 2 big ziplock bags.
- Put the 2 ziplock bags of marinated Kalbi Pork Ribs into the Sous Vide (i.e. One bag on each side)
- Then cover the pot with Saran Wrap so the water does not evaporate.
- After 24 hours of sous vide, remove the marinade from the ziplock bag and pour into a small saucepan to boil at high heat for 5 minutes in order to destroy any harmful bacteria.
- Put the Kalbi Pork Ribs on the GRILL and brush the boiled marinade on the ribs until it is brown.
- Turn the Kalbi Pork Ribs over and brush the marinade on the other side.
- Grill this side until brown.
- Remove the ribs from the Grill and ENJOY this Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs!
Alternative Way to Cook This Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs:
- If you don’t have a BBQ at home, no problem. Another way to enjoy this Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs is by using an Oven.
- Put Parchment paper on the baking pan.
- After Sous-Vide the Kalbi Pork Ribs, put the ribs on the baking pan and broil at high heat until golden brown.
- Brush the ribs with the boiled marinade and broil for a couple minutes.
- Turn the ribs over and broil the other side until golden brown.
- Then brush the other side of the ribs and broil for a couple minutes.
- Voila, ready to SERVE!
Did you give this Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs Recipe a try? Please leave me a comment and recipe rating below if you do!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. I would love to see your creation of this recipe! You can also Subcribe to my Email List to be the FIRST to get any new recipe post.