This Easy, Tasty Stir-Fry Snow Peas is so simple to make and only requires 7 ingredients! The Snow Peas are not only crispy and tasty yet it has a lot of healthy benefits because snow peas are high in nutrients content.
This is one of my favorite go-to vegetable si de dish. If you work late and don’t have time to cook a meal for dinner, all you need is 1 protein dish like rotisserie chicken or BBQ pork and this Stir-Fry Snow Peas and serve with jasmine steam rice. This dish takes less than 10 minutes to cook!
Benefits of Snow Peas:
- Rich in Iron. Eating Snow Peas can prevent you from having anemia. When you are low in red blood cells, you will feel fatique. Hence Snow Peas helps in fulfilling the red blood cells in your body.
- Snow Peas contains Vitamin K which helps in preventing bone loss (osteoporosis).
- High in Vitamin B (riboflavin) and Vitamin C. This will improve your immune system
- Rich in Vitamin A. Snow Peas are similar to carrots. It helps nourish the eyes.
The Secret of this A Perfect Snow Peas Recipe:
- Make sure to string and tip snap the snow peas before you stir-fry it. This will prevent the snow peas from being tough and fibrous. You can use your hands.
- DO NOT overcook the snow peas! Once the color of the snow peas turn bright green, remove it from heat.
- Snow peas don’t have a long shelf life. Therefore when you purchase the snow peas from the grocery store, it is best to use it right away. You can store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days else the quality will begin to diminish (i.e. less crunchy and the sweet flavor may begin to disappear.
This Recipe Only Requires 7 Ingredients:
- Snow Peas
- Canola Oil (or any kind of oil you have. just enough to line the pan)
- Red Onion (Julienne)
- Soy Sauce
- Black Bean Garlic Sauce.
- Chicken Broth (30% less sodium)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
How to make this Stir-Fry Snow Peas Dish :
Firstly, you pinch the top of the snow peas and pull down to remove the string. Then you pinch the bottom of the snow peas and pull up to remove the other side of the string.
Next, place the Snow Peas in a colander and rinse in running cold water, swirling the peas.
Then, heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
When the oil is hot, add Red Onion and sauteed until soft.
Next, add in Snowpeas and Stir well.
Lastly, add Soy Sauce, Black Bean Garlic Sauce, Salt/Pepper to taste and Chicken Broth. Then mix well. Stir-fry until it is bright green in color and remove from heat. This will keep the snow peas crispy and prevent from over-cooking it.
Suggested Meat Dish to Serve with this Snow Peas Side Dish:
- Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs
- Fricasseed Chicken – Popular Jamaican Dish
- Cast-Iron Pan-Seared Chicken
- Easy Spicy Garlic Pepper Shrimp