Ever wonder how Korean Restaurant makes such delicious Beef Bulgogi? You CAN too! This Best Bulgogi Bulgogi (Beef) recipe is Super simple to make! This recipe calls for some vegetables to make it healthier. Sliced rib-eye beef in flavorful marinade stir-fried with onions, mushrooms and carrot.
In this recipe, We used remaining Sliced Rib-Eye Beef that we used for our hot pot a few nights ago. You can get a pack of the thinly sliced Rib-Eye Beef (approx 1.5lb) from the hot pot freezer section in any Chinese Grocery. Before making this Bulgogi Bulgogi Beef recipe, you will have to defrost the sliced rib-eye beef. So plan ahead and take it out of the freezer the night before and leave in the refrigerator.
There is no need to marinade the beef as the sliced rib-eye beef is very thin. Therefore, this saves you a lot of time if you just want to whip up a meat dish for lunch or dinner.
The following simple ingredients are all you need in this Bulgogi Bulgogi Beef Recipe:
- Sliced Rib-Eye Beef
- Red Onion (Julienne)
- Mushroom (Sliced)
- Carrot (Juliene)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Bulgogi Sauce:
- Asian Pear (Peeled and Course Graded): This adds sweetness and most importantly, tenderizes the meat.
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar: Adds sweetness to the meat.
- Garlic (Minced)
- Ginger (You can use slice or grated. I am not a big fan of ginger. So I prefer to be able to pick it out after it is cooked.)
- Oil (we used Canola Oil in our household. You can use any kind of oil)
- Rice Vinegar: We used Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar. Rice Vinegar cuts the meat taste.
- Sesame Oil: Delicious and Healthy Fat to add to your diet. It is high in antioxidant content and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gochujang Paste (Korean Red Chili Paste): a blend of savory, sweet and spicy.
- Green Onion to garnish (we didn’t have any at home when we made this recipe. This is good to have if you have green onion when you make this recipe.)
- Sesame Seeds to garnish. (High in Healthy Oil Content). (Optional. We didn’t use this)
- Thai Chili (Optional. I like my food spicy. Hence, we added 1 thai chili pepper to this recipe)
WHAT IS GOCHUJANG
Gochujang is a Korean red chili paste. It is savory, sweet and spicy fermented condiment. This is popular in Korean cooking. I believe most Korean household has Gochujang in their refrigerator. Gochujang is made from chili powder, glutinous rice, meju powder, yeotgireum, and salt. Hence, the sweetness comes from the starch of cooked glutinous rice, cultured with saccharifying enzymes during the fermentation process.
HOW TO MAKE BULGOGI SAUCE:
- Then combine the grated asian pear with soya sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and Gochujang Paste in a sauce pan.
- Warm the sauce on medium heat to dissolve the sugar. And add in the Oil and Sesame Oil
HOW TO MAKE BULGOGI BULGOGI BEEF:
Start by defrosting the sliced rib-eye beef overnight and leave it in the refrigerator.
Then prepare the vegetables. Julienne the Red Onion and Carrot. If you bought whole white mushroom, then slice the mushroom.
- Fry the sliced rib-eye beef in a frying pan, tearing into smaller pieces. Then add a ladle of sauce and rice vinegar until cooked and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion, carrot, and mushrooms. And add a ladle of sauce.
- Add the beef and the rest of the bulgogi sauce.
- Finally, Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS BULGOGI BULGOGI BEEF WITH?
Bulgogi Beef goes very well on steamed rice. If you want an authentic Korean meal, then serve the Beef on Rice with Kimchi.
We serve this Bulgogi Beef on Rice with a side dish of stir-fry green beans. It is so delicious that I went for seconds during dinner!
This recipe will also go well with my Easy-Tasy Stir-Fry Snow Peas.
My Other Recommended Meat Dish:
- Korean Style: Fall-Off the Bone Kalbi Pork Ribs
- Fricasseed Chicken – Best Jamaican Dish
- Cast-Iron Pan-Seared Chicken
Equipments Used in this Recipe:
Did you give this Bulgogi Bulgogi Beef Recipe a try? Please leave me a comment and recipe rating below if you do!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. I would love to see your creation of this recipe! You can also Subcribe to my Email List to be the FIRST to get any new recipe post.
Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel (@myreallifetips) for more RECIPES! Thank you!