OMG, this is the BEST Bacon and Egg Potato Salad that i have tasted! This is a MUST try! The addition of the crispy Bacon and Eggs to the potato salad makes it so much better especially with this sweet and tangy dressing. Who does not like bacon. Bacon makes everything tastes extra delicious! and of course you can’t go wrong adding hard-boiled eggs to the potato salad. It makes the potato salad creamier.
This is the RED potato that we use (either from The Little Company or President’s Choice. However, if you want to be more cost effective and have space to store extra potatoes or other family members to share, you can buy potatoes in Kg. Bag. The best way to ensure the potatoes last longer is to take them out of the bag when you get home and store them in a big plastic container. If you keep the potatoes in the wet bag, they go bad fast. The Spruce Eats has an artical on “How to Store Potatoes to keep them fresh”
Ingredients for Best Bacon and Egg Potato Salad:
- 1.5 – 2 lbs Red Skin Potato (small)
- 1 pack of Bacon Chopped
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 TBSP Whole Grain Mustard
- 6 pieces of Scallion (fine chop)
- 1 Red Onion (medium size) (diced)
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Instructions to make the Best Bacon and Egg Potato Salad:
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes (DO NOT rinse), let cool 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the bacon in a Cast-Iron Pan or skillet over low heat until crispy, about 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let stand 6 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool; peel and chop.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, scallions, red onion, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and add the bacon and hard-cooked eggs; fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Serve at room temperature or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I serve this Best Bacon and Egg Potato Salad with Steak and Brussel Sprouts! So Delicious! Enjoy!
We got this recipe from a friend “Maria”. The source of this recipe is from Food Network. The recipe uses 2lbs of potatoes. We normally make this Bacon and Egg Potato Salad with 1.5 lb potatoes and Dijon Mustard.
Here are some of my suggested recipes that have eggs in the ingredients:
- Simple Omlette Recipe – Best Breakfast/Brunch
- Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich – A Quick Simple Recipe
- Avocado Egg Open-Faced Sandwich
- Mochi Cake Recipe
Please SHARE this recipe with your Family, Friends and Colleagues and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more recipes! Thank you!